"If no one gives you a opportunity, then you have to create your own opportunity." - Anderson Cooper
Make this Your Big Year.
Change your life, change the world.
Your Big Year is about taking action and making a difference in your life, in your community and in the world.
Through challenges, collaboration, and shared learning experiences you will have the opportunity to develop, grow and launch yourself on a global scale like never before.
More than 150,000 millennials from across the globe have participated in Your Big Year. Our network truly covers the entire world.
No credentials are necessary. Bring your ambition and talent and win opportunities to travel, meet world leaders, work with global partners and much more.
How It Works
Engagement and Support
We've had hundreds of partners all around the world that have helped us make YBY possible.
Sir Richard Branson
Founder - Virgin Group
Award Winning Journalist - CNN
Actor - Breaking Bad
President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
President of Liberia
& Nobel Peace Laurette
Dalai Lama Fellows
President Dr Ram Baran Yadav
1st and Current President of Nepal
Rt Hon. John Key
Prime Minister of New Zealand
United Nations Global Entrepreneurs Council
Founder - Yes To
Rt Hon. William Hague
First Secretary of State - UK
Silicon Valley VCs
Global Entrepreneurship Congress
Our Global Impact
“I have met youth on every continent, and they can lead the way, if we give them the tools they need.” - President Obama
We started with a mission to open up opportunities for talent around the world. Our belief is that we cannot solve the world’s issues without all of our talented minds at the table. Just because someone was born in a certain neighborhood or circumstance without resources or a network, doesn’t mean they can be left out of the discussion. Their ideas can change the world. They can be the catalyst of that change.
For the youth involved, we tell them that their ideas matter, that they have a voice, and what we’ve discovered is a ricochet effect. Our youth are using their new peer networks and skills and applying them in their home communities:
– Sudha (Nepal) set up a youth leadership program in Nepal combining a curriculum for both locals and internationals
– Charles (Uganda) set up a new initiative to plant fruit trees in urban areas, won the UN Youth Climate Change and is giving the keynote speech at the UN-FAO’s XIV World Forestry Congress
– Marcelo (Brazil) travels to Universities throughout Brazil teaching young students about entrepreneurship, which had been previously underexposed
– Mark (Philippines) was granted seed money and set up a business rewarding people who recycle
– Mahdi (Tunisia) is acting as a public figure inspiring youth in his country where they suffer from the high rate of depression due to lack of opportunity.
– Toby (New Zealand) is working on economic policy representing his country on the global stage at events like Y20 and several Australasia relations
– Karyssa (USA) has been Awarded scholarship programs in Agriculture and the welfare of the workers in Haiti and Washington DC
The list goes on and on. These youth who were given a platform from which to launch are becoming the missing role models catalyzing further change all over the globe.
Your Big Year Official Blog
Welcome to the official blog of Your Big Year! You can see all of our blog posts below.
If you would like to write a guest post please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Media and News
Barbra Rudolph Wins 3rd Place in 'Your Big Year' Global Social Entrepreneurship Challenge
2 Pinoys make it to finals of global entrepreneurship competition
Tunisie: Mahdi HAMDI finaliste du concours « Your Big Year
Activist looking at big year ahead
Two Africans short-listed among 100,000 young entrepreneurs
Life By Design, Not By Default
Authored by Martina Buchal, Global Ambassador
Young social entrepreneur wins talent search
Michael Teoh sees the big picture